Hello I am going to be showing you guys some tips and tricks to thrive in Minecraft online or offline. Here are some things you should know.
1. Never dig directly underneath you when you have valuable items, or no torches.
2. Digging directly above you can be dangerous also, lava could flood your cave.
3. Items burn in lava so be sure you don't die in it.
Now here are some tricks.
1. When mining, you can place a torch on the floor, and sand and gravel will fall onto the torch and break. (Either be very quick [but not too quick, or it won't fall!], or separate the stone and gravel/sand with stone and then break the stone.)
2. Cacti hurts mobs when they come in contact with it, it is great for using in a mob trap!
3. If a creeper is next to you, hit him then run away.
4. Always try to find coal before night time. If you don't you'll regret it.